Munger, Tolles & Olson attorneys represent clients in a broad spectrum of real estate related matters, including complex acquisitions, financings and debt restructurings, leases, land use issues, environmental matters, joint ventures and development projects and more.
Attorneys at the firm literally helped to build Los Angeles, working on deals that revitalized the downtown area, in addition to working on deals throughout the country. These representations have included work for government agencies, joint development agencies and private companies.
Recognized by BTI Consulting as one of the top 12 law firms with the strongest client relationships in the real estate industry, Munger Tolles provides clients with the value and responsiveness generally associated with a real estate boutique. Our real estate group’s clients include Caruso Affiliated Holdings, CBRE Global Investors, CCA Acquisition Company, the County of Los Angeles, Hines Interests, Oaktree Capital Management, Tishman Speyer and The Yucaipa Companies.
Munger Tolles has represented:
- Brea Place Acquisitions Partners LLC (a joint venture between affiliates of Oaktree Capital Management and Hines Interests) to acquire a 500,000 square-foot office complex in Brea, Calif.
- Tishman Speyer in the acquisition of Murdock Plaza, a 236,000 square-foot, 17-story office tower in Westwood, Calif.
- Motion Picture and Television Fund in the sale of its clinic businesses to UCLA.
- Museum of Contemporary Art in negotiations to the fee interest underlying its ground lease of its current location in downtown Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles River Revitalization Corp. in the environmental review and negotiation of the city of Los Angeles’s proposed acquisition of a contaminated parcel of land adjacent to the river.
- Legend Pictures in the negotiation of its headquarters lease for 105,000 square feet in Burbank, Calif.
- Oaktree Capital Management and Hines separately and in joint ventures on numerous acquisitions, sales and financings.
- CBRE Global Investors in connection with acquisitions and sales of office projects in California and various other states.
The Munger Tolles real estate team has experience handling:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of real estate
- Joint ventures and investment funds
- Real estate finance
- Commercial leasing
- Workouts and restructuring of troubled loans, including CMBS financings
- Public-private partnerships
- Land use/environmental
- Development transactions
The geographical scope of Munger Tolles’ real estate practice is primarily focused in California, but we are regularly involved in projects throughout the country.
Jeffrey A. Heintz (213) 683-9185
Misty M. Sanford (213) 683-9110