Joseph D. Lee is a litigation partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation and white collar investigations.
- AmeriGas Propane in consumer class actions and wage and hour class actions.
- GE Aircraft Engines in U.S. litigation arising from an airplane crash in the People’s Republic of China.
- Verizon and Verizon Wireless in consumer class actions in California state and federal court.
- A Fortune 500 company in a sensitive gender discrimination and Sarbanes-Oxley whistleblower case.
- AmeriGas and 99 Cents Only in individual employment disputes.
Mr. Lee has conducted internal investigations into alleged FCPA violations in Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East. He has also conducted investigations into other alleged violations of U.S. laws, including title reinsurance kickbacks, backdating of stock options, misuse of funds held by a California charitable trust and accounting irregularities at a private university. Mr. Lee has counseled companies on internal corporate controls and compliance issues and has drafted FCPA compliance programs. He assisted GE and The Boeing Company in drafting procedures for conducting internal investigations.
Mr. Lee has argued cases before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, the Court of Appeal of California and the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation. He has also tried cases in Los Angeles County Superior Court and the U.S. District Court, Central District of California.