Heather E. Takahashi is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. She has represented major corporations, including pharmaceutical, aerospace, social gaming and technology licensing companies in various intellectual property and technology litigation.
Ms. Takahashi has an active intellectual property practice, focused primarily on patent litigation. She has handled the following representative matters:
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals in obtaining a judgment of patent infringement and validity against three generic companies seeking to market a generic version of Takeda’s drug Dexilant®.
- Abbott Laboratories in its successful defense against litigation filed by Bayer Corp. in the District of Massachusetts alleging that Abbott’s largest product, Humira®, infringed its patents.
- Abbott Laboratories in patent infringement actions involving various pharmaceutical products.
- The Boeing Co. in its successful defense against $7 billion breach of contract, fraud and tortious interference claims brought by ICO Global Communications Holdings related to construction and launch of 12 satellites for a telecommunications network.
- Rambus in patent infringement actions relating to DRAM technology.
Ms. Takahashi received her J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she served as executive essay and review editor for the Columbia Law Review. She joined the firm after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Richard J. Holwell of the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York. Prior to law school, she received a master’s degree in molecular biology from The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Past experience includes positions at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, the Center for Weight Regulation at Oregon Health & Science University and a federal HIV/AIDS clinical trials database.
Ms. Takahashi is a member of the Federal Circuit Bar Association, the American Intellectual Property Law Association and the American Bar Association, and she recently received the 2015 Outstanding Lawyer of the Year Award from the Los Angeles chapter of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society.