Seth Goldman is a bankruptcy partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Mr. Goldman’s practice includes representing debtors, creditors, shareholders, independent directors and special board committees, official and ad hoc committees, and investors in corporate restructurings and bankruptcy related litigation.
Mr. Goldman’s recent, public representations include:
- Berry Petroleum Company LLC in its bankruptcy case.
- Payless Holdings LLC in its bankruptcy case.
- The Gymboree Corporation in its bankruptcy case.
- First Lien & DIP Lender in Freedom Communications.
- Texas Competitive Electric Holdings LLC (TCEH) group of companies in the Energy Future Holdings bankruptcy cases.
- Edison International in the Edison Mission Energy bankruptcy cases.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in the Residential Capital LLC bankruptcy cases.
- The Official Committee of Syms Equity Securities Holders, in the Chapter 11 reorganization of Syms Corp./Filene’s Basement.
- Wasserstein & Co. in the Harry & David bankruptcy cases.
- Southern California Edison in the Calpine, A123, Cal Solar 10, and Clear Peak bankruptcy cases.
- Pasadena Playhouse, serving as debtor's counsel, developing a restructuring strategy for the 86-year-old cultural institution that enabled it to confirm its reorganization plan and emerge from bankruptcy only two months after commencing its case.
Mr. Goldman is a contributing author to Collier on Bankruptcy®, a governor for the Financial Lawyers Conference, and regularly speaks on bankruptcy matters.
Mr. Goldman is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and serves as treasurer of the Financial Lawyers Conference.
Mr. Goldman is a graduate of the University of Chicago (B.A., 1994, Phi Beta Kappa) and Harvard Law School (J.D., 2002, magna cum laude).