Zachary Briers is a litigator in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with an emphasis on patent litigation and consumer class actions. Mr. Briers has a particular interest in consumer electronics, pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
- Tessera Technologies as plaintiff in numerous patent infringement cases in the Northern District of California involving patents relating to semiconductor packaging technology.
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals as plaintiff in ANDA litigation in the Northern District of California involving patents relating to a proton pump inhibitor.
- Verizon Communications as defendant in a patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Virginia alleging infringement of five patents pertaining to fiber optic network components.
- Verizon as defendant in a nationwide class action involving third-party billing services, asserting RICO and unfair competition claims.
- Verizon as defendant in a putative class action involving landline telephone late payment charges.
Mr. Briers obtained his J.D. from the New York University School of Law, magna cum laude, where he was elected to the Order of the Coif and named a Florence Allen Scholar. Mr. Briers was Articles Editor for the Annual Survey of American Law and Competition Chair of the NYU Mock Trial Team. In addition, he externed at the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Eastern District of New York, Criminal Division.