Joseph D. Lee is a litigation partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. His practice focuses on complex civil litigation and white collar investigations. He has litigated a wide variety of complex litigation matters, including consumer class actions, False Claims Act litigation, securities and antitrust cases. Representative matters handled by Mr. Lee include:
- General Electric Company: Defended consumer class action alleging over-charging on office equipment leases. Defending antitrust and RICO claims in Northern District of California relating to equipment leases.
- GE Aircraft Engines: Successfully moved to transfer to China three related wrongful death actions arising from an air crash in China.
- Costco Wholesale Corporation: Defended a federal court shareholder derivative suit arising from allegedly misdated stock option grants.
- Verizon: Defeated class certification in federal court class action relating to Caller ID services.
- Verizon Wireless: Successfully moved to compel arbitration on individual basis of putative class action alleging over-charging.
Mr. Lee has argued cases before the U.S. Court of Appeal for the Ninth Circuit, the Court of Appeal of California and the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation. He has also tried cases in Los Angeles County Superior Court and the U.S. District Court, Central District of California.