Munger, Tolles & Olson provides companies in the gaming industry with trusted advice and counsel in their corporate transactions and high-stakes litigation. Our attorneys work closely with casinos and their owners and investors, using a sophisticated and comprehensive approach to tackling their most important legal issues.
Examples of our representations in this field include representing:
- Fertitta Entertainment in its joint venture with the former lenders to Station Casinos to purchase Station’s gaming properties and land holdings out of bankruptcy in a deal valued at $4 billion.
- Cannery Casino Resorts in:
- negotiation of credit facilities aggregating $895 million.
- its groundbreaking acquisition of “The Meadows” racetrack and casino in Pennsylvania.
- its sale of an interest to Crown Ltd.
- Phillip G. Ruffin in the acquisition of Treasure Island Hotel & Casino from MGM Mirage for $775 million.
- MGM Resorts International in connection with its interest in the City Center joint venture and in securities class actions and shareholder derivative suits in Nevada.
- Sands China, a majority-owned subsidiary of Las Vegas Sands Corp., in a lawsuit brought by the company’s former CEO, who alleged that he was terminated without cause.
- The Estate of Craig H. Neilsen in a $457 million stock purchase agreement with Ameristar Casinos, Inc.
- Oaktree Capital Management in its acquisition of an interest in Cannery Casino Resorts.
- Hollywood Casino Shreveport as the debtor in a pre-packaged bankruptcy in which the senior bondholders of the company converted their debt into equity of the reorganized debtor.
- Co-investors in the acquisition of Harrah’s Entertainment by Texas Pacific Group and Apollo Management.
- California’s Native American tribes in the California Supreme Court litigation challenging an initiative approving tribal gaming.
- Moelis & Co. as financial adviser in the acquisition of:
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas and Fontainebleau Miami Beach.
- Tropicana in New Jersey.
Mark H. Kim (213) 683-9144
Kevin S. Masuda (213) 683-9287