Munger, Tolles & Olson earned a remarkable 45 rankings in Chambers USA 2016. A 200-lawyer firm, Munger Tolles received 33 attorney rankings and 12 practice group rankings.
The firm obtained the highest band rankings in California in the following practice areas: Litigation: General Commercial; Litigation: Media & Entertainment; Litigation: Securities; and Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations.
Highlights of our firm’s rankings include:
- Ronald L. Olson recognized among Chambers USA’s “Senior Statesmen,” given to lawyers who remain pivotal to the firm’s success
- Two litigators named “Star Individuals,” given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field: Mr. Brian (California, Litigation: General Commercial) and Mr. Spiegel (California, Litigation: Securities)
- Three nationally ranked attorneys: Brad D. Brian (Litigation: Trial Lawyers); John W. Spiegel (Securities: Litigation); and Daniel P. Collins (Appellate Law)
- Seven Band 1 attorney rankings and four Band 1 practice group rankings
- One attorney recognized as “Up and Coming,” given to attorneys at the forefront of their generation: Daniel B. Levin (California, Litigation: Appellate)
Chambers USA described our practice areas as:
Litigation – California
“Renowned litigation outfit with powerhouse credentials…Possesses a national and international presence, with depth and expertise to handle high-stakes and high-value litigation.”
Corporate/M&A – Southern California
“Regularly sighted on major deals for a number of blue-chip clients, including some of the largest transactions in the country.”
Media and Entertainment Litigation – California
“Hugely respected litigators with continuing strength in disputes throughout the media and entertainment space.”
White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations – California
“A top-class white-collar criminal defense outfit with outstanding trial experience.”
London-based Chambers and Partners publishes guides to the legal profession. Chambers USA rankings are the result of in-depth interviews with clients, lawyers or other independent sources and an assessment of recent matters completed. Individual lawyers are ranked in their practice-area(s) on the basis of their legal knowledge and experience, their ability, their effectiveness and their client service.
Munger Tolles’ complete Chambers USA 2016 rankings can be found here.