Michael Greaney is an independent contractor corporate attorney with Munger, Tolles & Olson who represents clients across industries that include manufacturing, media and entertainment, financial services, gaming, energy, real estate, private equity and food processing.
Mr. Greaney’s practice encompasses a wide range of business transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, the formation of joint ventures and partnerships, public and private securities offerings, private equity investments, financings, real estate acquisitions and dispositions, general business contracts and corporate governance.
- The Yucaipa Companies, an investment fund controlled by Ron Burkle, in a variety of acquisitions, strategic investments, financings and partnerships.
- Berkshire Hathaway as the lender of a $445 million credit facility to a publicly traded media company.
- Oaktree Capital Management in the formation of a joint venture with Steadfast Senior Living for the pursuit of investment opportunities in the senior living industry, including the acquisition of a property in Carpinteria, California.
- A Japanese conglomerate in the creation, financing and operation of an international joint venture in the wind power generation industry.
- Phillip Ruffin in his $775 million purchase of the Treasure Island Hotel & Casino from MGM Mirage.
- A private investment firm in a number of joint ventures and investments, including the formation of a partnership to effect the $300 million (CAD) acquisition of a distressed luxury hotel and condominium property in Canada.
- Fortress Investment Group in its investment in Spirit Music Publishing.
- A group of private investors in their acquisition and subsequent sale of the BNP Paribas Open professional tennis tournament in Indian Wells, California, as well as in their related partnership formation.
- A financial services company in its $425 million acquisition of an insurance company.
Mr. Greaney is a graduate of Yale Law School and received his B.A. from UCLA, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, in 1991. He served as a law clerk to the Honorable Helen Gillmor of the United States District Court for the District of Hawaii in 1997.
A member of the California and Hawaii bars, Mr. Greaney works from his home office in Kailua, Hawaii.