O’Malley Miller is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. He maintains a sophisticated transactional practice, including finance, land use and development matters with expertise in matters relating to workouts and debt restructurings.
Mr. Miller has experience representing institutional investors, developers and lenders in connection with large scale real estate projects, including office buildings, planned communities, multi-family projects, hotels, shopping centers and hospitals. Additionally, Mr. Miller represents business enterprises and institutions which are not in the real estate business per se, but which must deal with their real property assets.
Mr. Miller frequently lectures in the areas of real property finance and development, portfolio acquisitions, land use and construction related issues. He is consistently ranked as a leading real estate lawyer in Chambers USA.
Among the clients Mr. Miller has represented and currently represents are Simon Property Group, The Irvine Co., Oaktree Capital Management L.P., Kennedy Wilson, Raintree Partners, Mitsui Fudosan (America) Inc., Shell Oil Co., Cook Inlet Region Inc. and Southern California Edison. Mr. Miller has also represented Goldman Sachs & Co., St. John’s Hospital, Equity Residential, Wells Fargo Bank N.A., HF Ahmanson & Co., New England Life, The Prudential Insurance Co. of America, Developers Diversified Realty Corp., Home Savings of America, Amgen Corp., Stanford University, Sares-Regis Group, Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, Walt Disney Concert Hall Inc., The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles, Phillip Morris Capital Corp., The Port of San Diego and Burlington Northern-Santa Fe Railway.
- Simon Property Group, in the $1 billion merger of two regional shopping malls.
- Oaktree Capital Management and Hines, in the acquisition and financing of a 1.2 million square-foot portfolio of office buildings in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Downtown Properties LLC, in its $344 million acquisition and financing of Three First National Plaza, one of the largest buildings in Chicago.
- The Irvine Co., in the $200 million purchase of the Pacific Arts Plaza, an 827,000 square-foot office project located in Costa Mesa, California.
- Numerous development projects throughout Southern California, many in downtown Los Angeles, including the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles, in its development of the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels.
- Kennedy Wilson, in the acquisition and refinancing of numerous multi-family projects.
- Hines in its acquisition of The Campus at Playa Vista.