Jonathan E. Altman is a partner at Munger, Tolles & Olson, specializing in advising and representing media clients, law firms and businesses in connection with complex, high-stakes litigation.
Mr. Altman is an experienced trial lawyer who has led several successful arbitrations. For his work on behalf of one media company, he was the co-recipient of the Association of Media and Entertainment’s Counsel of the Year Award in 2015.
- An independent television channel as lead trial counsel in winning an arbitration involving a carriage dispute with a defendant distributor.
- A major television programmer as lead trial counsel in two arbitrations involving a “bet-the-company” most favored nation clause contract dispute with a distributor.
- A major New York law firm in serving as lead trial counsel in defending a malpractice claim involving a failed hedge fund investment.
- The executive committee of a well-known New York firm in advising the firm after it experienced a high-profile breakup.
- A “top-ten” American law firm as lead counsel in connection with multiple tax malpractice and fraud actions in various states across the country.
- A California public utility as lead trial counsel in an arbitration:
- with a co-owner concerning a $100 million dispute over management of a power plant. The matter settled on the eve of arbitration on favorable terms for the client.
- involving accusations of fraud and breach of contract in a real estate dispute. After a four-week arbitration, which concerned claims in excess of $150 million, the arbitrator found for the utility on all counts.
- A major aerospace manufacturer as trial counsel in a three-month, high-stakes fraud and breach of contract jury trial involving claims of well over a billion dollars.