Jennifer M. Broder is a corporate attorney in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Ms. Broder’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, general company representation and securities law compliance. She represents public and private clients in a variety of transactions, including acquisitions and dispositions, investments, securities offerings and other corporate transactions. She also regularly counsels boards, founders and other key stakeholders on corporate governance and other strategic matters.
Representative matters include:
- Advice to independent directors of several Fortune 500 companies in connection with governance matters.
- BDT Capital Partners, LLC in connection with its investment in the acquisition, together with majority investor Joh. A. Benckiser (JAB), of Panera Bread Company.
- Berkshire Hathaway Inc. in a variety of transactions, including its purchase of the Van Tuyl Group, then the largest privately held auto dealership group in the United States.
- A private equity client in connection with an investment in a privately held luxury auto dealership group.
- MGM Resorts International in its acquisition of its joint venture partner’s interest in Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa.
- The Yucaipa Companies in several investment transactions.
- KB Home in connection with various notes issuances.
Before joining Munger Tolles, Ms. Broder served as a law clerk to the Honorable Leo E. Strine, Jr. while he was Chancellor on the Delaware Court of Chancery.
Ms. Broder graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law School and received her Bachelor of Arts degree from Stanford University. Before attending law school, she worked in management consulting, where she helped advise clients on a range of strategy and operations projects.