Munger Tolles & Olson LLP is committed to building a more diverse, inclusive and equitable legal profession through specific, meaningful and measurable actions. This commitment inspired our co-managing partners Hailyn Chen and Malcolm Heinicke to sign the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity's (LCLD) Leaders at the Front Pledge.
Highlights from Hailyn and Malcolm’s Personal Commitment
- We will leverage our roles as Co-Managing Partners to advocate for and amplify diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging for all at MTO.
- We will champion MTO’s diverse lawyers by identifying opportunities for women and diverse lawyers to serve in leadership roles, participate in client presentations, conferences, and pitches, as well as staffing our teams.
- We will provide mentorship and coaching for women and diverse attorneys to ensure they are fully supported and integrated into the firm.
Highlights from Hailyn and Malcolm’s Organizational Commitment
- We will provide opportunities for diverse lawyers and professionals to advance in leadership at MTO, and continue the firm’s commitment to place underrepresented lawyers in committee leadership positions.
- We will continue to provide law school readiness programming support through partnerships with diverse local bar and legal organizations.
- We will serve marginalized populations through the firm’s robust pro bono practice to seek access to justice for the underserved and disadvantaged.
The full text of pledges from Hailyn and Malcolm - as well as more than 400 other corporate chief legal officers and law firm managing partners who have pledged themselves to create a truly diverse U.S. legal profession – are available on the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity's Leaders at the Front Pledge page.