Director of Library
We are seeking a Research Librarian, it is one of the firm’s primary resources for reference assistance and research on specific legal and business issues. The Research Librarian provides library outreach and training on practice development and research products. The librarian also assists with some technical services and administrative tasks that relate to the internal operation of the library. This includes support outside of regular business hours.
This position will report to the Director of Library and will be based in our Los Angeles office.
- Reference assistance and retrieval – responding to attorney and staff inquiries for quick information and document delivery.
- Legal research – providing research and analysis on discrete legal issues upon request from attorneys.
- Business research – examining corporate information and transactional data to support due diligence questions concerning companies and their operation.
- Legislative and regulatory history – compiling official and media background information for statutes and regulations, usually preliminary to outsourcing a full history.
- Resource assistance – identifying resources and developing research strategies for associates, staff attorneys, summer associates, fellows and paralegals.
- Public records research – locating people, assets and personal histories in party, witness and expert searches.
- Technical services – assisting with the process of invoices, acquisitions, and other internal library operational needs.
- Current awareness – supporting attorneys and the practice development department with litigation spotting, issue tracking and case monitoring using automated and conventional resources.
- Training and Instruction – building attorney and staff skills with structured training modules and one-to-one teaching moments.
- Library resource promotion and outreach – designing and maintaining the library intranet pages and other tools to facilitate research, retrieval and current awareness among all personnel.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
If you possess the following qualifications, we would love to hear from you!
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job classification.
For consideration please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Pursuant to local ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP is an equal opportunity employer.