Munger, Tolles & Olson attorneys represent clients in a broad spectrum of real estate related matters, including complex acquisitions, financings and debt restructurings, leases, land use issues, environmental matters, joint ventures and development projects and more. Attorneys at the firm literally helped to build Los Angeles, working on deals that revitalized the downtown area, in addition to working on deals throughout the country. These representations have included work for government agencies, joint development agencies and private companies.
The Munger Tolles real estate team is comprised of a dynamic group of attorneys that provides clients with the value and responsiveness generally associated with a real estate boutique. The group’s clients include Caruso Affiliated Holdings, CBRE Global Investors, CCA Acquisition Company, the County of Los Angeles, Hines Interests, Mitsui Fudosan, Oaktree Capital Management, Simon Property Group, Inc., Tishman Speyer and The Yucaipa Companies.
Munger Tolles has represented:
- Simon Property Group in the $1 billion merger of two regional shopping malls.
- Brea Place Acquisitions Partners LLC in its joint venture to acquire a 500,000 square-foot office complex in Brea, Calif.
- Tishman Speyer in the acquisition of Murdock Plaza, a 236,000 square-foot, 17-story office tower in Westwood, Calif.
- Motion Picture and Television Fund in the sale of its clinic businesses to UCLA.
- Museum of Contemporary Art in negotiations to remain in its current location in downtown Los Angeles.
- Los Angeles River Revitalization Corp. in the environmental review and negotiation of the city of Los Angeles’s proposed acquisition of a contaminated parcel of land adjacent to the river.
- Legend Pictures in the negotiation of its headquarters lease for 105,000 square feet in Burbank, Calif.
- Oaktree Capital Management and Hines separately and in joint ventures on numerous acquisitions and financings.
The Munger Tolles real estate team has experience handling:
- Acquisitions and dispositions of real estate
- Joint ventures and investment funds
- Real estate finance
- Commercial leasing
- Workouts and restructuring of troubled loans
- Public-private partnerships
- Land use/environmental
- Development transactions
The geographical scope of Munger Tolles’ real estate practice is primarily focused in California, but we are regularly involved in projects throughout the country.
Jeffrey A. Heintz (213) 683-9185
O'Malley M. Miller (213) 683-9591
Misty M. Sanford (213) 683-9110