Steve Perry is a partner in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. He represents clients in a wide array of industries in complex commercial, antitrust, tort and intellectual property matters. He has tried numerous cases to verdict in various federal and state courts and at the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Mr. Perry also maintains an extensive appellate practice. He has argued appeals in a wide range of cases, including cases pending in the 9th Circuit, Federal Circuit, Montana and California courts of appeal. Since 1997, he has argued and won seven cases in the 9th Circuit.
- ABC News, as lead counsel, in a jury trial arising out of the use of hidden camera footage in a national news broadcast. The jury’s verdict in ABC’s favor represented the first successful defense of hidden cameras in a case tried to a jury.
- Rambus, as co-lead counsel, in a three-month bench trial of antitrust claims brought by the FTC. The FTC’s chief administrative law judge ruled for Rambus and dismissed the FTC’s complaint.
- Abbott Laboratories, as lead counsel, in a jury trial of breach of contract claims asserted by a terminated distributor of medical equipment. The trial court entered a directed verdict in Abbott’s favor.
- The Vons Companies, as co-lead counsel, in a three-month trial of price fixing claims brought by a class of consumers. The jury rendered a verdict in Vons’ favor.
- Los Angeles Magazine, as lead counsel, in a bench trial and subsequent appeal of right of publicity claims asserted by actor Dustin Hoffman. The Ninth Circuit ordered the entry of judgment in the magazine's favor.