Robert Dell Angelo is a partner with Munger, Tolles & Olson whose practice includes all major commercial litigation, with an emphasis on defending companies in securities matters and disputes over corporate control.
In addition to guiding large companies through shareholder-initiated securities claims, Mr. Dell Angelo frequently handles significant matters for biotechnology companies, utilizing his background as a medical doctor.
Mr. Dell Angelo also has led numerous corporate investigations, including inquiries regarding alleged misrepresentations by management.
- A major pharmaceutical company in a dispute over milestone payments related to a treatment for relapsed multiple myeloma.
- Avalanche Biotechnologies in defending a securities class action.
- Maker Studios in defending an action brought by one of Maker’s co-founders and former CEO who sought to regain control of Maker and prevent its sale to the Walt Disney Company.
- The Coca-Cola Co., Northrop Grumman, Corinthian Colleges and Merrill Lynch, in obtaining dismissals with prejudice of federal securities actions.
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Avnet, 99 Cents Only Stores, Danaher, Playboy Enterprises, 3M Company, Intel and Berkshire Hathaway in successfully defending shareholder class actions arising from mergers and acquisitions.
- Directors of Yahoo! in litigation arising from Microsoft’s proposed acquisition.
- Numerous internal investigations for publicly traded corporations.
Prior to law school, Mr. Dell Angelo obtained an M.D. from the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University’s medical school. He spent two years in post-graduate surgical training at St. Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital, a New York City trauma center, and received training in each of the surgical subspecialities. He is a diplomate of the National Board of Medical Examiners.