Jennifer A. Jones is a litigator in the Los Angeles office of Munger, Tolles & Olson. Her practice focuses on complex civil litigation, with a particular emphasis on contract disputes and intellectual property matters.
- J.C. Penney, in defending an action, including a lengthy trial in 2013, brought by Macy’s in the New York State Commercial Division concerning Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia’s licensing of designs and the Martha Stewart brand for the manufacture and sale of a wide range of home products. Successfully defeated Macy’s motions seeking preliminary injunctive relief during trial, and on appeal.
- LG Display, in its defense against the nation’s largest class action of indirect purchasers and individual antitrust cases stemming from allegations of price-fixing conspiracy among manufacturers of LCD panels. Certain of the cases have now been successfully resolved on behalf of LG Display and others remain pending for trial.
- ABC, in defeating an effort by CBS to enjoin the reality show “The Glass House” based on allegations of copyright infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Universal Music Group, in obtaining approval by the FTC for its acquisition of EMI.
- Major record company, in defending against several breach of contract claims relating to royalties.
Ms. Jones also specializes in the visual presentation of data and trial graphics. She has used this skill to assist clients by designing persuasive graphic presentations for opening statements, closing arguments, and major motion arguments in the cases enumerated above, among others.
Ms. Jones received her law degree from Yale Law School, where she served as a senior editor of the Yale Journal of International Law. While there, she also served as Student Director of the Media Freedom and Information Access Clinic, which engaged in impact litigation to support the public’s First Amendment rights and preserve robust access to information for investigative news organizations. In her third year of law school, Ms. Jones also worked part time as an intern in the Legal and Business Affairs Department of Marvel Entertainment in New York City, where she assisted with the drafting and execution of business deals.
Ms. Jones received her B.A. in International Relations from Stanford University, where she graduated with honors and distinction. Taking a year off between college and law school, Ms. Jones served as a Fellow at the Stanford Center on International Conflict and Negotiation at the Stanford Law School and the Freeman Spogli Institute, where she engaged in database design and statistical analysis to examine the effect of international treaties on territorial conflict.